Thursday, September 2, 2010

Grapes!

This morning I biked to work on a different route than normal. Normally I ride in the trail that runs between my house and downtown. This route is wonderful (no cars!) and beautiful, but sometimes if I'm in a hurry I take the road. The trail takes me 20-25 minutes or so. The road takes about 15. I haven't taken the road in a long time, but today I did.

I was paid for my efforts because I found a large collection of grapes. And not just any grapes. All the wild grapes I've found to date have been small little things that were incredibly sour. That hasn't preventing me from eating them... It's just prevented me from eating them in quantity. But these beauties were big. Like the size of grapes you'd find in the grocery store. Beautifly purple. And here's the key: they weren't sour. They must have a little tartrate in them because my mouth is slightly sore, but not like when I eat other wild grapes. While I won't say the patch was huge, my guess is I could pick a few gallons of fruit.

I'm very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment